Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm deep...seriously

As part of the work I had to sit through a cultural awareness day. Most of it was overkill really and I didn’t find much use in it as I had learnt much of it at uni. A days’ worth of cultural training does not compare to a semesters worth really.

But we did an exercise which I found really funny.

Before us lay about 50 pictures all of different things. Forests, trees, families, people, vintage things, city scapes etc.

The idea of the exercise was to pick a picture which best represented you, and then describe it to the group. Some answers were as follows.

Quote: “I picked this forest, because I feel I’m kind of like a forest, full of different things. I’m calm and tranquil.”

Quote: “I picked this lake, because I feel in my work this is what I would like to try to get across to my clients, a tranquillity”

Quote: “ I picked this picture of a family, because that’s what’s most important to me, family, and food, which is in the photo.”

Quote: “I chose this picture of a giant rock, because I want to be like a rock, ever firm, standing tall.”

Then it came round to me...





This is my photo and my exact words.






“I’m like this gopher, just chillin, taking it as it comes....”

I’m about as deep as a tree in a field...seriously...

1 comment: